Thank you for signing up to LGiU’s Technology and Transformation policy updates.
Technology offers huge potential for local government, but how can we best harness the potential and make the most of these opportunities?
We’ve got some key questions that we’d like to address in 2016, but we want the research and activities to be designed around you. We’ll be in touch throughout the year to keep you up to speed and involved, but for now it would be great if you could take a couple of minutes to tell us what matters most to you in terms of technology and transformation.
- What are the biggest opportunities for technology and transformation in your area?
- How can LGiU support your technology aspirations? How would you like to be involved shaping this agenda?
What we’ve been up to lately:
- In mid-January we delivered a digital round table in Leeds with Vodafone.
- Before Christmas, we ran a design charette with Think Tank Review to develop a tool to help people access think tank thinking more easily.
- We are continuing to work on CoCare an app to support outcomes based commissioning.
- We are developing a further round table on tech and data for health and social care integration in Manchester with HP.
- We have been investigating the potential for blockchain in local government. See this recent blog post and we’ve been having chats with people who are interested in the possibilities – if that’s you, get in touch.
The LGiU regularly runs training sessions on social media, but these are currently fully booked in the next couple of months. See all of our events. We’re also supporting the Notwestminster event in Huddersfield on Saturday 13 February which includes a maker day on Friday the 12th – a great intersection of digital tech and democracy.
The LGiU is working to five policy themes in 2016. This is the January roundup for Technology and Transformation. You can also sign up for updates from our other themes.