Each year the LGiU celebrates and supports councils undertaking local elections. We have been providing overnight coverage for nearly a decade and once again we’ll be bringing you the story of local government elections.
This year we will once again provide:
- guidance for elections communications
- our Ones to Watch guide which highlights the hot races and compelling contests
- and a briefing exclusively for LGiU members on pre-election issues and a results summary
- Local government facts and figures
- as well as election night coverage on our live blog
We also have:
- A guest post from our friends at Democracy Club on how councils can help them support better information for voters. Getting Excited About Better Elections.
- A special edition of the LGiU Fortnightly podcast on reforming elections. Local elections: As ‘fun as Fortnite’.
- Our local government facts and figures with all of the details on how a council really works, a break down of local government structures, stats and workings.
- A guest post from Peter Stanyon of the Association of Electoral Administrators on the additional frustrations of running two elections at once, one of which was not supposed to happen.
- Local elections: The hot seats and the not seats – 0ur latest blog on what’s at stake in the local elections this week.
Stay informed or help us on the night
If you work at a member authority, are not having elections this year and would like to join us on the night, either in our offices or at home – find out about joining the overnight team.
Please contact Alice Buszard at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive election night updates or to find out more about joining us as a Count Correspondent.