Community leaders and staff have more ways than ever before to engage with and respond to their residents. This suite of seminars can be attended as stand-alone sessions or as a development suite.
This training and development day is designed to enable delegates with the skills and confidence and to develop and plan their communication.
The course will concentrate on effective good practice, brand management, and communication planning.
These working sessions will be highly interactive and delegates will be encouraged to take advantage of the networking opportunities from the day and discuss current challenges facing their organisations in planning their communications.
The objectives of the course are:
- To consider what your organisation’s or department’s message and brand should be.
- To be able to determine the purpose of a piece of communication and how it will support your overall goals.
- To be aware of good practice, staying legal and managing positive and negative stories effectively
- To understand the importance of listening to and tailoring your message to your service users or audience.
- To consider how to use communication planning to ensure that communication is effective interesting, engaging and to enable two-way communication.
- As part of the programme, participants will be able to build an action plan based on a topic or issue that they are currently considering.
|9:30||Registration & Refreshments|
|10:15||Your brand and message
|11:25||A communication plan
Action plan discussion any areas participants want to explore
|13.25||The importance of storytelling
Planning an individual communication
|14:45||Planning a series of communications