About the seminar:
The role of an elected Councillor demands effectiveness in an ever-changing world, which can be hampered by constraints but equally charged with increasing demands. Given these factors, it is important that Councillors maximise the time available through heightened self-awareness and the use of high-level skills.
This short interactive seminar/course is suitable for managing pressure at all levels, whether in the local authority, at home or delivering results for the community. The seminar/course will explore different approaches and techniques to manage oneself, goals and situations and make the best use of time.
During the seminar/course, appropriate tools and exercises will be used to develop understanding and skills while enjoying the opportunity to discuss, contribute and build upon shared experiences.
The seminar is designed for individuals to participate in a supportive environment. This seminar will be of value to all elected members irrespective of their position within the authority.
Participants will be able to:
- Recognise the difference between simply coping and effective coping skills
- Identify personal effectiveness in managing time
- List those things that waste time
- Identify ways to save time
- Plan goals and organise activities
- Make the best use of time management techniques and approaches to suit individual needs
9.30 Registration. Refreshments upon arrival
- Time as a construct
- The experience of time
- The relationship between time management and coping skills
- Creating focus
11.30 Morning Break (20 minutes)
11.50 Making efficient use of time
13.00 Lunch (45 minutes)
13.45 Making choices about time management
- Time management tips and tricks