As part of Care and Continuity: Contingency planning for Provider Failure, we have shared a variety of resources including sample plans and additional guidance.
Contingency and continuity plans:
As part of the provider failure project, several councils submitted their plans
- Nottingham Provider failure procedure
- Ealing continuity plan for provider failure
- An overarching policy and approach paper on provider concerns from the London Borough of Enfield.
- Cumbria County Council’s procedures for managing the closure of a care home providing services for adults.
If you would like your plan shared here, please email email@example.com
Business Continuity Planning Template from Somerset County Council
Wiltshire County Council has published general (not care specific) guidance on continuity planning for small businesses.
Additional guidance and further reading:
- The Care and Support Reform web pages hosted on the LGA website.
- Assessing social care market and provider sustainability – guidance and toolkit for local authorities by Cordis Bright; and
- Market shaping toolkit (MaST): supporting local authority and SME care provider innovation and collaboration by the Institute of Public Care.
- Principles Paper: Managing Provider Failure. Published July 2015 this paper looks at the failure of providers of outsourced services. National Audit Office.
- Short Notice Home Care Closures from the Social Care Institute of Excellence. It includes checklists and sample forms for the assessment, arrangement of transfers and follow-ups for care home closures.
- Achieving Closure: good practice in supporting older people during care home closures from ADASS.
- Managing Risk: lessons from Southern Cross for the specialist housing with care and support market from the Housing Learning and Innovation Network.
- Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice. Code of Practice giving guidance for decisions made under the Mental Capacity Act 2005. Office of the Public Guardian.
- Commissioning for Better Outcomes from the Institute of Local Government Studies
- The Government has prepared a business continuity planning guidance as part of its wider toolkit on Resilience in Society: infrastructure, communities and business.