Pleasantly surprising or deeply disappointing? Cause for optimism or despair? Welcome extra cash or hush money? Listen to Jennifer and Jonathan lay out their very different views on the Chancellor’s Budget announcements this week – from potholes to social care, high street regeneration to business rate reliefs.
We also bring you highlights from our member-only Daily News emails, including councils using satellites to fight pollution and structural faults in tower blocks, and some of our member-only briefings, covering the IoG/CIPFA Performance Tracker and childhood obesity.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Report: Local partnership working for a vibrant night time economy
- Briefing [LGiU members only]: Performance Tracker 2018 – A Report by the Institute for Government and CIPFA
- Briefing [LGiU members only]: Budget 2018
- Briefing [LGiU members only]: Childhood Obesity Plan reviewed
- Briefing [LGiU members only]: The McKinsey Center for Government report: Delivering for Citizens – how to triple the success rate for government transformations