After a turbulent 12 months for local government, we ask what lessons we should learn from the Grenfell Tower tragedy and Jonathan hears from Northamptonshire’s citizens on the future of their local democracy after the collapse of their county council.
Plus the regular roundup of Daily News and LGiU briefings, including adult social care funding gaps, more money for rough sleeping and the future of rural bus services. Hosted by Ingrid Koehler and Jonathan Carr-West.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in podcast:
- Grenfell: one year on
- Fire safety in housing
- Brexit update June 2018
- Health, public health and social care round-up: May 2018
- Select Committee Report: Business Rates Retention
- Viewpoint: Only change can regain public trust