This collection of essays looks at how a localised, yet connected approach to public service innovation can help us meet complex social and political challenges.
1. Introduction: putting the local jigsaw together; Jonathan Carr-West
2. Connecting communities: neighbourhood empowerment; Patrick Diamond
3. Open, networked, democratic: a localist future; Anthony Zacharzewski
4. Connected localism and the challenge of change; Sophia Parker
5. Localism and opportunity: friends or foes? Richard V. Reeves
6. Conclusion; Jonathan Carr-West
Download PDF: Connected Localism
Authors: Jonathan Carr-West; Patrick Diamond; Anthony Zacharzewski; Sophia Parker; Richard V. Reeves; Date published: 19 June 2013
Listen to a short podcast of LGiU chief executive Jonathan Carr-West talking about some of the key themes explored in Connected Localism.