Due to overwhelming demand, we are extending the nominations deadline for the 2015 C’llr Achievement Awards! You can now submit nominations until 30th January 2015.
Councillors play a vital role in their communities – they are local leaders who connect people, facilitate opportunities for involvement and make things happen in their patch. Yet they are often undervalued and unappreciated.
The LGiU and CCLA C’llr Achievement Awards aim to recognise and reward those councillors who go over and above what is expected of them; councillors who show absolute dedication to their communities and make positive changes happen.
So if you know an inspirational councillor, please make sure you show your appreciation and nominate them!
These awards are open to nominations for councillors at district councils, county councils, unitary councils, London boroughs and other upper tier authorities.
The closing date for nominations is 30th January 2015.
Submissions forms for the Bruce-Lockhart Member Scholarship can be downloaded here. Please send completed forms to email@example.com.
There are 10 exciting awards categories this year:
- Innovation Achievement of the Year Award
- Wellbeing Champion of the Year
- Neighbourhood Planner of the Year
- CCLA Local Growth Achievement of the Year
- Young Councillor of the Year Award
- Partnership Achievement of the Year Award
- Leader of the Year Award
- Community Champion of the Year Award
- Judges’ Special Award for Contribution to Local Government
- Bruce Lockhart Membership Scholarship
The Bruce-Lockhart Member Scholarship is a particularly special award. It comes with a £10,000 bursary and is supported by Kent, Essex and East Sussex Councils.