Skip to content
- Current projects
- Policy briefings
- Join LGIU
- C’llr Achievement Awards 2014
Innovation. Influence. Information.
The LGiU in conjunction with Browne Jacobson and Capsticks held a roundtable in Nottingham to bring together leading practitioners to explore the emerging preventative health agenda, its implications for local government and the forms of partnership working it will require.
We wanted to use the roundtable to discuss emerging issues, challenges and opportunities in the preventative health agenda, including:
- What is working and what isn’t;
- What local authorities need to put in place to run these programmes;
- How the political element can be managed now that councils are involved in the provision of certain health-related services; and
- The role of Health and Wellbeing Boards.
This briefing sets out the policy context and highlights the insights and output of the roundtable discussions, as well as some useful examples of innovative practice.
The briefing will prove relevant to policy officers and commissioners in healthcare and elected members with the portfolio, or overview and scrutiny responsibility for these areas.
Our briefings are only available to all members and officers in LGiU member organisations. You can check if your organisation are members here.
Please sign in with your email address below and we'll check your email address against our list of registered members, or send you an invoice later. See our membership rates and benefits.