Who are we?
LGiU – the Local Government Information Unit – is a UK charity run by and for local government. LGiU services are used every day by leaders and cabinets, chief executives and senior management teams, MPs and Lords, as well as frontline councillors and staff; see which organisations are members. The LGiU annual survey consistently shows 90+ per cent satisfaction and value-for-money ratings (see our annual user survey).
A respected, even-handed think tank and source of policy analysis which crosses policy divides with ease
Local Government Chronicle
What do we offer?
- Over 200 special Policy Briefings a year: helping your council’s decision-making and effectiveness. Recent briefing topics have included: Brexit; local growth; housing; children’s services; health and social care.
- Exclusive Daily News summary mailed every day: helping you stay abreast of local government in the national, regional and local news.
- Policy Projects: with the LGiU team helping you develop ideas across local government finance, devolution and democracy, and public services.
- New daily Northern Powerhouse/Midlands Engine news updates.
- New policy exchange opportunities with LGiU Scotland, LGiU Ireland.
- Training/networking events including learning and development programmes, Westminster events, party conferences.
Fine out more about what we do on this website and take a look at our annual review.
What our subscribers say
“Crucial details that other publications do not cover” (Northern district CEO)
“Where innovation is at in local government” (Southern city councillor)
“Great info from you always! I love the LGiU” (Southern county committee chair)
“Daily updates and briefings are a really valuable resource” (Northern unitary council strategy team)
“Your new regional news summary is really useful – always good to know what the neighbours are up to” (Northern Powerhouse metropolitan council)
Get to know us with a free 3-month trial…
Join 25,000 councillors and officers across 200 LGiU member councils who are signed up to and using LGiU mailings and other services every day – contact us to find out about a free trial.
For more information on LGiU membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7554 2800.
Get in touch with the partnerships team on 020 7554 2800 or email@example.com to find out more.
Find out more about our member-only services.
Every year we take a look back at the new services we've created, new ideas we've explored and new members we've gained.