For those with packed out Christmas diaries, please rest assured that there will still be time to nominate a star councillor you know after the festive break. We have now extended the deadline to Friday 18th January. There are 11 awards up for grabs including a £10,000 scholarship for a councillor keen to fund a project to advance the cause of localism.
Now in their fourth year, the LGiU and CCLA C’llr Achievement Awards promise to be even bigger and better than before. As the only national award ceremony to celebrate the contributions of councillors from across the political spectrum, make sure the efforts of an inspiring councillor you know don’t go unrecognised.
The following awards are on offer this year:
- Age UK Award
- Bruce-Lockhart Member Scholarship – including a £10,000 bursary
- CCLA Award for Outstanding Contribution to Financial Performance
- Community Champion of the Year
- Judges’ Special Award for Contribution to Local Government
- Leader of the Year
- Online Councillor of the Year
- Partnership Achievement of the Year
- Scrutineer of the Year
- Sustainability Champion of the Year
- Young Councillor of the Year
The Awards are free to enter, any councillor from a principal authority can be nominated, and anyone can make a nomination. Winners will be announced at the Award Ceremony in February 2013. The Rt Hon Eric Pickles MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, has been confirmed as the keynote speaker.
For more information about the different awards available and how to apply, please go to: http://www.lgiu.org.uk/
If you have any further queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The C’llr Achievement Awards are proudly supported by: