On Thursday 3 May, 181 councils will be holding local elections, as well as 10 mayoral referendums and mayoral elections in London, Salford and Liverpool.
This year, LGiU aims to be the definitive source for local insight and information on the events of 3 and 4 May. So far, we have:
- information on when most counts are taking place and results expected to be declared – bit.ly/IjynMt
- 70 Count Correspondents at the counts feeding us local insight and analysis –bit.ly/IjlnMj
- collected and mapped data for all authorities holding elections – bit.ly/Irk2wK
- predicted the 50 key battles to watch – bit.ly/JhoqsO
- an hourly elections email alert service delivering updates to your inbox throughout the night – bit.ly/HFkw2z
We are also going to be working with a major news organisation through the night to liveblog updates from around the country. More soon on blog.lgiu.org.uk.
Everyone’s talking about it
Below are 10 accounts who we will be following on Election night. Of course there are many more – so who will you be following and what hashtags will you be using? Please use the comments box below to share you will be folllowing for election updates on Thursday 3 May.
@STVAberdeenCity – at the count in Aberdeen. Also look out for #abdn12
@BBCChrisD – BBC Derby’s Political Reporter
@JessicaBest87 – Journalist at @WalesOnline and @yourcardiff. Also look out for #cdfelection
@bccnewsroom – Birmingham CC newsroom. Also look for #brumvotes2012
@JenWilliamsMEN – MEN local government correspondent at the Stockport Count and Salford mayorals on 4 May
@deblinton – MEN politics reporter at the Manchester count
@Bradford_TandA – at the count in Bradford
@polhomepulse – PoliticsHome’s Senior Political Analyist
@KateEMcCann – journalist on the Guardian’s Local Government Network
@BritainVotes – excellent team of council by-election bloggers
For further information, please visit blog.lgiu.org.uk or contact me on email@example.com / 07825 746 388.