The winners of the LGiU & CCLA C'llr Achievement Awards were revealed on Tuesday evening at an awards ceremony at the Lord Mayor's Parlour, Westminster City Hall
LGiU and SEA have worked together on this state-of-the-nation look at local authorities and traffic enforcement. Our research shows that councils take their responsibility to deliver appropriate, local strategies which protect the law-abiding majority seriously. Councils have come in for criticism…
Jonathan Carr-West explains how councils can better support those struggling with personal debt in the community.
The shortlist for the 2014 LGiU & CCLA C'llr Achievement Awards has now been announced.
To mark the 30th anniversary of LGiU we asked contributors from across the local government world to tell us how they thought councils would be different 30 years from now. This publication is a collection of those ideas.
- 11 March Regional Growth Fund – NAO Report
- 10 March Health Committee report on public expenditure on health and social care
- 10 March Consultation on the Child Poverty Strategy 2014-17
- 7 March Weekly Policy Summary – 7th March
- 6 March Challenges faced by the voluntary and community sector in supporting local services and developing resilient communities
14 March 09:30 - 15:00: An Introduction to Local Government Finance
Council budgets look likely to be under significant pressure until the end of the decade. This seminar will look at the implications of these longer term trends as well as the impact of the Comprehensive Spending Review for 2015/16 announced by the Chancellor in June.
- 10 April 09:45 - 16:00 Community Engagement in the current climate
- 15 April 09:45 - 15:30 Understanding Communities through Participatory Appraisal
- 19 May 09:30 - 15:30 Being an effective Councillor: ways of strengthening and sustaining personal resilience
LGIU in the news
- 7 March The Evening Standard: Make school admissions fairer
- 18 February localgov.co.uk: How to manage staff in difficult times
- 18 February The MJ: Milband gets tough on ‘home-blocking local authorities’
- 12 February Guardian Local Leaders: Message to Eric Pickles: stop turning up the heat on parking
- 11 February The MJ: Parking fines profits myth masks stark reality