Last week the LGiU published Key to Care: Report of the Burstow Commission on the Future of the Home Care Workforce. The media coverage was fantastic. Recognition of the problem facing people needing care and those delivering it is the …
The extra £2 billion for health care services announced in the Autumn Statement last week is fantastic news. It is testament to Norman Lamb’s effective and high profile campaigning for urgent funding for the NHS, as well as the hard …
Good care is about valuing people; both those receiving care and those providing it. Care workers are our greatest asset at a time when more of us need care either in later life or due to disability. Our staff are …
Alan Long says we cannot continue to undervalue our home care workers.
Home care is in crisis. Read Key to Care: Report of the Burstow Commission on the Future of the Home Care Workforce.
- 19 December Weekly Policy Summary, 19 December
- 18 December Ofsted Annual Report 2013-14
- 17 December Schools Admissions Code – Update
- 17 December Autumn Statement 2014: Analysis
- 16 December Changing to a committee system in a new era
19 January 09:30 - 16:00: Engage Communities for Success
This workshop gives at an outline of an appreciation of community engagement strategies that organisations can use. Its core themes are the relationship between community engagement challenges along with supporting diversity, community partnership work and evaluating interventions.
- 23 January 09:30 - 15:30 An Introduction to Local Government Finance: Newcastle-under-Lyme
- 27 January 09:30 - 16:00 Community Engagement in the current climate
- 18 February 09:30 - 15:30 Understanding Communities through Participatory Appraisal: Oldham
LGIU in the news
- 18 December BBC London Radio, Drivetime with Eddie Nestor: Jonathan Carr-West discusses cuts to council budgets
- 8 December The Knowledge Exchange Blog: The Burstow Commission report – is this the turning point for home care workers?
- 8 December BBC News Website: Why the care sector is green with envy
- 5 December BBC Radio 4, PM: ‘Key to Care’ features in weekly call-in further issues report
- 3 December BBC Radio 5 Live: Wake Up to Money – Jonathan Carr-West discusses devolution in light of the Autumn Statement