Yes, today was the deadline for our #townhalliday snaps, but we have decided to extend the deadline given the surge of late interest. You now have until close of day 19 September to send in your town hall holiday photo …
We are looking for an experienced communications specialist to play a lead role in shaping and promoting LGiU’s work.
The Scottish independence referendum has created a debate around a more devolved UK regardless of the result
We're looking at new ways to design care services. Innovation could be the key to the looming care crisis.
We believe that community sport offers an excellent vehicle for councils to achieve key aims, like improved public health but also as a way to build better networks, achieve stronger more resilient communities and develop an array of opportunities that …
- 16 September The impact of public spending cuts on women
- 15 September Report of the Commission on the Future of Health and Social Care in England (Barker report)
- 12 September Weekly Policy Summary – 12th September
- 10 September Child Sexual Exploitation in Rotherham – Alexis Jay report
- 10 September HS2 Update: Summer 2014
16 September 09:30 - 16:00: Engaging Communities – Impact & Evaluation: A Developmental Approach
This seminar is a follow-on from the recently held community resilience seminar. It will be of interest for officers and elected members involved in community engagement facing problems of evidencing the good work they do in their own organisations, together with those they work in partnership and also to local communities to assess the impact and evaluation of community engagement.
- 23 September 09:30 - 16:00 Social Media, Community & The Local Authority
- 25 September 10:00 - 15:00 Councillor Training: Chairing Skills
- 10 October 09:30 - 15:30 An Introduction to Local Government Finance: Corby
- 13 October 09:30 - 15:30 Understanding Communities through Participatory Appraisal
LGIU in the news
- 21 August The MJ: Commissioning Academy deadline looms
- 18 August The MJ: Local government selfies wanted
- 5 August localgov.co.uk: Flooding project to look at increasing council power
- 1 August The MJ: ‘All London pensions should join CIV’
- 1 August The MJ: Authorities ‘could lose grip’ on pensions reform